There will be a short midterm excursion on Tuesday, 19 June 2018, probably combined with a picnic.
Two excursions / collecting trips will be offered with the Symposium
1) Midterm excursion Tuesday June 19, 2018, 13:30 – 24:00 (coach journey)
Two target areas representing different habitats:
1- Nature reserve Weitsee-Lödensee (750m asl) lake surrounded by spruce forests, nearby mountains up to 1000m asl. (1-2h collecting)
2- Forest reserve Schönramer Filz (450m asl) peat bog with pine and heather (collecting at daytime, dinner in the field; light trapping optional)
2) Post symposium excursion June 22 – 25, 2018 (2 or 3 minibusses)
Three different habitats. We will arrive in the target area around noon each day. Afternoon is for collecting followed by light trapping (optional). Sad to say next morning we have to start at 10 am. Accomodation will be close to the collecting sites. We will make a reservation for rooms but participants have to pay individually.
- Jochensteiner Hänge Xerothermic forest (Jochenstein)
- Isarmündung Floodplain forest
- National Park Bavarian Forest, Low mountain range, mixed forest and spruce forest 800 -1400m asl.